Friday, February 06, 2009

Agile development and project management

Few months ago, I was looking for a simple way to organize my tasks and keep track of my work across the multiple projects I am working on.
I didn't find anything suitable at once so I just resorted to using post-its.

Then yesterday, a friend sent me a link to the software they just adopted at their company.
It's an agile development and project management tool:
http://www.rallydev.com

We hear a lot about agile development these days, specially in the video games industry (most of the time combined with extreme programming).
I never really took a look at such a tool, even though we're using scrums ourselves.

So I subscribed and am using it for my daily tasks. After playing around with it for a day (learning and planning tasks for next week), it looks quite powerful and useful though maybe a bit overkill in my case (many tasks across unrelated projects)
If it proves to be really worth it, I might pitch it to my boss for our projects - I only hope for them that they have a Japanese version :)

No comments: