Saturday, July 08, 2006

aaaaahhh those Japanese people....

Week end post ! I promised !
In fact, I came today to work, a Saturday yes. I didn't feel like staying at home playing GBA today so...Plus I have quite some huge amount of work waiting to get done and sitting around, even on the week-end, won't help.

Anyway, I won't blog about work, as you may noticed by the title. I will blog about Japanese people. Both good/funny and bad/irritating ones. I'll start with the good one or else it will ruin the mood for everything else.

On Wednesday, I went to the bank office with someone from the company, the one in charge of all HR stuff. I needed a bank account and since I received my pay few days ago, it was the perfect moment.
I'll pass about the name stamp which is required for any official papers and stuff in Japan, this thing cost me 2000 yens, to have your name written on it.
So we arrived at the bank, got our line ticket and were immediately received. We explained that we wanted to open an account and the girl gave us a form to fill in.
As you may have guessed, the form was all in Japanese and honestly, I was quite happy that someone came with me, like when I went to get my "Alien card" (yes, I'm officially an alien in Japan), he helped me fill in the form.
Unfortunately, this time, that was not possible. The girl specifically told us that "I" should be the one filling the form. And in Japanese please, no gaijins letters.
Ok ok, I have seen worse in my life, so I took the pen and started to write my address all in kanjis, my name in katakana and stuff.
Once done, we gave the paper to the staff for checking. After few minutes, some formal talk I had no clue about, the girl gave the paper back asking me to FILL IT AGAIN.
What the... ?! Is there a problem ? I can correct it directly on the paper if you want. But no, I had to fill it again. The reason ? Be prepared, this is going to be a tough one.
I had written my name all in capitalized letters, which includes a "i". This makes it "I" but in my handwritten "font", I wrote the capitalized "i" with a dot on top of it, which is not considered capitalized then (even if the size of the letter was perfectly correct, add the top and bottom SHiT and it's capitalized).
Yes, for this I had to fill the entire form again. They didn't want me to correct the "i" into an "I".
So I wrote it again, this time making sure that the "I" is definitely capitalized (at least, for them).
She took the form, watched it and started criticizing my capitalized "U", which is much like the "u", meaning with the small tail. But thanks god her manager told her it was alright because I definitely was not going to fill in a 3rd form...
So, if you ever go to the bank to create an account, be careful, you have been warned.

Now, the irritating one.
Two days ago, when I left for home at around 11.30 pm (quite late indeed), the train was packed with people, as usual. So packed that you could barely move. It also reeked of alcohol, with all those salaryman (and not salary men, since this word became Japanese as a whole) drunk every evening.
As some of you may already be aware of, this kind of situation is bliss for perverts. You barely see what's happening, you can barely move, you can barely tell who is next to you.
And that evening, there was one just next to me.
I won't go into details but the girl was definitely a minor. If I'm not mistaken, getting caught and brought to the police is a free-trip to prison.
That's really disgusting, you really want to place a nice headbutt on the guy, plus the fact that he wasn't very tall either. But when you see that other people around also notice and don't say anything (the guy just in front of me definitely saw it and immediately turned his head around) you start thinking that making such a fuss in a crowded public place is not really appropriate.
Instead, I used the train jolts as an excuse to hustle the guy. Not really efficient but that's what I could only do.
Sorry for all the girls out there (and reading my blog ? are there ? honestly ?) who most probably would have whacked him.

Anyway, that's all for today. I have to get back home, since all my clothes are out drying and I fear that rain suddenly starts to fall, as it usually does on week-ends...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A POIL!

JJ/JL/Gawain said...

stfu sale nain tu peux pas poster autre chose plutot que de polluer ? :P