Monday, July 10, 2006

World cup, work and sleep (or trying to...)

France lost in the finals, too bad !
Anyway, I think they did pretty good all along (during the World Cup) because I never imagined they would go this far. In 4 years I expect at least as good :)

I also came to work yesterday. Honestly, when I look at it, it seems to be a never-ending pile of work waiting ahead.
Day after day, I work for about 11~12 hours (including 40 mins for lunch). I think that I do pretty well, given the amount of "code" and functionalities I produce....but there always seems to be much more. Like you finish one task and behind it, you discover 10 new ones. Great.
Thanks god I'm working in the video games industry in Japan. I'm definitely motivated about it otherwise, I would have given up long long ago :P

The 12 other hours, there is 1 hour and a half for transport (15 mins walk to the station, 30 mins of train, twice a day), 1 hour of GBA (I have to take my mind off work you know) and the remaining time, I sleep....or try to.

Yes I try to because some factors seem to prevent me from doing so :

- It's damn hot here in Tokyo. Even though I have the air con, it won't do leaving it running all night. It makes quite a ruckus too.

- The neighbours. While I first thought that other tenants would be silent at night, they aren't (I forgot I was in a gaijin building...). Some are talking (phone or not), others are watching TV and yelling to let you know that they are watching a funny show, or watching the final of the World Cup (two Italians next door, that's how I learnt this morning, through the wall, that France had lost).

- And finally, the electric drill ! Because, every morning, and they sure are right on time (8.20am) I wake up to the sound of a peaceful and loving electric drill, operating just 5 meters away from my window. Isn't that nice ? There has been better however. One morning, it was a jackhammer, right under my window (2 meters to the ground). I could clearly hear it (who wouldn't ???).
Just imagine how would you react if you barely slept for the night because of neighbours/heat and once you are finally asleep, you're awaken by a drill.

That said, however, don't think that I'm not happy being here :D
I couldn't be happier. That's what I have hoped for so many years. There's no reason to complain. I think I will just find another apartment once I get the opportunity.
(French mode : Petit clin d'oeil a Kitti, toi qui a vecu plus ou moins les memes choses que moi, quand je me relis, j'ai l'impression de recopier ton blog :))

That's it for today. It's been a long time since I last posted pictures. I don't have time to use my camera though. I barely took new pictures since then...

Until next time, またね。

No comments: