Saturday, August 19, 2006

Back to nolife !

I have the net at home now ! Hurray !
It means that I will have more time for blogging and that I will probably spend less time/money in Virtua Fighter 5 (or not...).

Speaking about VF5, I said I would blog about this. So let's start.
It's incredible to see how much this game is played here.
It even has its own dedicated FLOOR (yes, an entire floor) in some game centers, the Sega Game Center at Akiba for example. The whole basement floor is dedicated to this one game, with 20+ versus city cabs (making it 40+ players).
I am playing Eileen, a new character introduced with VF5.
I won't go into details and you probably don't give a f*ck about it but it's the kind of technical character, quite hard to play and you just lose if you keep smashing buttons (like I do...).
I have like 17 wins for 120 losses. This is stored, along with your character customization, name and stuff in a card you buy for 500 yens (400 with a small discount from the Okachimachi game center, near the JR station !).
There are 5 other co-workers playing VF5 too. Characters are El Blaze (a new character also introduced with VF5), Pai, Vanessa, Brad and Goh. For more information about those, just check Virtua Fighter 5 Website.
Thanks to them, I got addicted and spent my money like I never did. We usually go twice or three times a week. Each time, I can't help spending at least 1000 yens (up to 2000 once...). Just count, even if this is rather cheap for a single play (100 yens), when you are addicted it runs quickly out of control.

Anyway, I hope that with the net at home now, I will spend less money on week ends...

No comments: